Sunday, July 12, 2009

Now Presenting... Me

Awesome Inc is hosting what they are calling Mobile Mini-Conference at their facility in Lexington, KY on Saturday, July 18th. This is ostensibly a generic mobile device conference, but as the schedule demonstrates there will be a particular focus on the iPhone. Here is a fancy badge:

Awesome Inc. Mobile Conference

I have been invited to speak, and will be giving two presentations. They are:
  • UITableView Overview

  • iPhone Development Resources, Tips, and Tricks


I hadn't even started SlickShopper 6 months ago, so if you had told me then that I'd be giving iPhone presentations now, I'd have thought and said you were crazy. But here we go. It's tough to do much justice to any development topic in 30 minutes, but I think my presentations will be worthwhile.

I'm not really nervous, per se, as I've done plenty of presentations before. However, this will be the first in a long time where I'm presenting on a topic where I don't have a solid and lengthy background. I'm also accustomed to practicing my presentations on my coworkers, but I don't have any of those at the moment. I'll do fine on the speaking part, but I'm not looking forward to fielding questions. Whenever I talk about I-DEAS, I'm among, if not THE, most knowledgeable subject experts in the room. I'll be shocked if that is the case with iPhone development, and a couple of well-placed questions could shatter the illusion that I know what I'm talking about. But, this is a brand new conference, so I don't really know what to expect.

So at any rate, if you are within a reasonable drive of Lexington and have any interest in iPhone development, come check us out.

No comments: