Friday, July 13, 2007

Yeee-Haw!

I'm sitting in the Dayton airport right now awaiting my flight to Atlanta. Tonight's destination: Big Nerd Ranch. I'ma get me some learnin' so I can make one o' them newfangled compooters do what I wants it to.

Entertaining airport moment: waiting in line to get through security, when a large woman is rolled up on a wheelchair. Attendant informs her that she will have to walk through the scanner. So gets up, and as far as I can tell quite ably, takes off her shoes and walks through. Her walking was of course a little hobbled due to her sheer size, but she made it without too much trouble. As this is happening, I turn and notice a gentleman in line behind me who appears to be without legs. He's pushing himself around on some sort of skateboard.

Let's recap:
Obese woman - wheelchair and skips to front of the line.
Guy without legs - no wheelchair, in line like everybody else.

I wasn't able to get close enough to this woman to point this out to her, which is too bad because I really wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While you're in class see if anyone knows how to keep the iPhone from inserting all the extra line feeds into your posts.

The Slick One said...

Doh! Fixed that.

Although there are a number of other iPhone owners here, so probably a good place to ask the question.