Monday, July 02, 2007

Airplane mode

So now we enter the "entertainment" portion of this iPhone experiment. In other words...well, let's just say that I'm not at my desk right now. There is no signal in here, so for all intents and purposes I can simulate airplane mode. Let's run down the features I have available:

SMS/text - worthless
Calendar - ok, there goes 30 seconds
Photos - don't have any on here, but I don't see that occupying much
time
Camera - trust me, you don't want me to
YouTube - worthless
Stocks - worthless
Maps - worthless
Weather - worthless
Clock - wheeeeeeee
Calculator - wheeeeeee
Notes - alright, this one is at least useful, but fun? Hardly.
Settings - limited enduring entertainment value
Phone - worthless unless you want to spend some quality time reviewing your contacts
Mail - can type 'em, can't send or retrieve 'em
Safari - mostly useless, only as interesting as the last viewed page
IPhone - I don't carry around headphones and I'm not going to use the
speaker in here. So not a lot of good in here, but on a plane I would
have headphones.

Basically you're down to an iPod without sound. Yay. This thing is
in dire need of some games.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: