Sunday, February 04, 2007

I'll have to come up with a new phrase.

"My teams are not destined for greatness."

This has been my mantra for as long as I have cared about sports (which admittedly isn't all that long). My teams are Purdue, the Colts, and the Pacers, in that order. Not a lot of championships to be found in there. (I'm sexist enough to not really care about women's basketball, but at least the Purdue ladies have been able to accomplish what the men have failed to do). Ever. Certainly not recently. Now I have one.

I've never been so happy to be wrong in my entire life. I began the NFL season with a couple of beliefs:
1. The Colts will reach the Superbowl and lose before they will win the Superbowl. (And I'm 99% sure that if they had played the Saints, that's what would have happened...go Bears!)
2. This is the year that Peyton gets a career-threatening (or -ending) injury.

Oh yeah, and my teams are not destined for greatness.

Turns out I was wrong on all three counts.

Go Colts!

No comments: